Booker T. as well as W. E. B.
Photo: Booker T. Washington (b. 4/5/1856 - d. 11/14/1915)
 W. E. B. Du Bois as well as Booker T. Washington

Photo: W. E. B. Du Bois (b. 2/23/1868 - d. 8/27/1963)
A Poem By Dudley Randall

"It seems to me," said Booker T.,
"It shows a mighty lot of cheek
To written report chemical scientific discipline as well as Greek
When Mister Charlie needs a paw
To hoe the cotton fiber on his land,
And when Miss Ann looks for a cook,
Why stick your olfactory organ within a book?"

"I don't agree," said W.E.B.
"If I should bring the displace to seek
Knowledge of chemical scientific discipline or Greek,
I'll create it. Charles as well as Miss tin hold back
Another house for paw or cook, 
Some men rejoice
inward science of hand,
And or as well as hence inward cultivating land,
But at that topographic point are others who hold
The correct to cultivate the brain." 

"It seems to me," said Booker T.,
"That all y'all folks bring missed the boat
Who weep nigh the correct to vote,
And pass vain days as well as sleepless nights
In uproar over civil rights.
Just proceed your mouths shut, create non grouse,
But work, as well as save, as well as purchase a house."

"I don't agree," said W.E.B.
"For what tin holding avail
If dignity as well as jurist fail?
Unless y'all aid to brand the laws,
They'll bag your solid amongst trumped-up clause.
H5N1 rope's equally tight, a burn equally hot,
No affair how much cash you've got.
Speak soft, as well as endeavor your niggling plan,
But equally for me, I'll survive a man."

"It seems to me," said Booker T.--

"I don't agree," said W.E.B.

Dudley Randall, poet (b. 1/14/1914 - d. 8/5/2000)

Post a Comment

 
Top