Photo: Street vendors, Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt 1870's, albumen impress from drinking glass negative.
I constitute myself at a library mass sell during the weekend of May 8, 2012, rummaging through the left behind collection of a collector of books inwards San Fernando Valley, Edgar Hermann, who late passed. First the mass sale attendant handed me a box, noticing my arms weighed alongside books. Then ii boxes...I knew it was going to last a cracking weekend for this armchair historian. 


At this early on review of my finds, I am most excited close acquiring the mass "Excursions Along the Nile: The Photographic Discovery of Ancient Egypt," a 1993 fine art exhibition catalog of photographs of the Nile published yesteryear the Santa Barbara Museum of Art inwards California. The 100+ twelvemonth quondam photographs of Cairo from the exhibition catalog are astonishing. I could non aid but percentage a few of my favorites hither alongside BHH readers. 

V. Cross

Photo: Great Pyramid in addition to Sphinx, Egypt, 1873.
Photo: Scottish soldiers see Sphinx inwards Egypt, 1880
Photo: Crocodile on sand banking concern of the Nile River, 1858.

Photo: Mosque at Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt 1857, albumen impress from drinking glass negative.

Photo: Street inwards Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt 1850's, tabular array salt impress from newspaper negative
.
Photo: Street of the Citadel, Cairo, c. 1858, stereo albumen impress from drinking glass negative.
Photo: boys swimming inwards the Nile River, 1873, albumen impress from drinking glass negative.
Photo: Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt from the Citadel, 1858.
Photo: sentiment from the Summit of Mount Serbal, Arab Republic of Egypt looking northeast, 1868, albumen impress from drinking glass negative.

Post a Comment

 
Top